I got a rat! :D

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Justino, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    [​IMG] Her name is Clover and she is just the sweetest [​IMG] ill get better pics once she comes outta her lil tube [​IMG]

2. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Awww, she's adorable! You should go back to the store and buy her a girlfriend. Ratties like companionship and someone to play with at night. Very good excuse to get more ratties! [​IMG] They are addicting, have fun. [​IMG]

Very good rat forum here too. [​IMG]
    http://www.jorats.com/
    Everyone there is as crazy about rats as people here are about chickens. [​IMG]

3. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    haha thanks, and i would of gotten 2 but 1 rat smells enough for my tiny room [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] but yeah, idk i dooo have a big enough cage [​IMG]

4. ElCuervo

ElCuervo Out Of The Brooder

How's this for a thread killer [​IMG]:

I have a friend who works in the state necropsy lab. She told me that rats leave a tiny trail of urine so they can always retrace their own steps when they're crawling about in tight (or any, really) spaces.

After she found that out, she decided that she didn't want them for pets any more. I never did; chickens are way sweeter! [​IMG]

5. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:LMAO okay now thattt is gross XD no wonder why my hand smells like pee! [​IMG]

LOL well i could of went all day without hearing that [​IMG] but i still love me rats [​IMG]

6. ElCuervo

ElCuervo Out Of The Brooder

I know, people think I love dogs, cats, and chickens too much, with all their gross ways. Who cares? The heart wants what the heart wants... [​IMG]

Glad you can laugh about it! I think it's funny, too.

7. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    Super cute!!! I think you should get her a buddy though rats really hate to be alone and its so cute when they cuddle up together. Smell shouldnt be an issue if the cage is cleaned regularly and its an appropriate size. I never have never smelled my rats even holding them their fur doesnt really smell like much of anything. I have them on fleece and they use litter boxes with carefresh bedding and I just empty and refill boxes twice a week.

8. tallieb

tallieb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Arizona
    Ratties make great pets. Congrats on the new addition.

9. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Thanks guys [​IMG]

and my old rat was a loner and he was suuuper nice [​IMG] so yeah, i dont think ill be getting another, shes doing fine and is on my shoulder as im typing [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. LOVE that last picture!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by