I got a REALLY COOL job!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I was laid off the beginning of Feb and jobs here are not plentiful during a good economy. anyway. There is a teaching farm for kids a few towns over. I applied there a few weeks ago and they called and set up an interview for me, which I had today.

I hit it off immediately with the manager of the animals!!!! Seems as though the fact that I went to an Aggie HS, have had animals of ALL types all my life, ran pony parties for a few years, ran my own daycare for 3 years and currently have the rabbits, cats, dog, chickens and horse, do most of my own vetting(wound care, vaccines etc) and have a college education and run my own small business got me a job! and they are fine with the hours and days I am available. Mon - Fri. No holidays and I dont have to worry about school vacation when my daughter is out! And I get to take summer vacation off and go back to work in the fall when the kids go back to school!

My manager called me this evening and after we said our hello's says "You know I already hired you right?" And we both laughed.
    I have orientation this Wednesday, which I get paid for. And she said she wants me there earlier than the requested time so that her and I can go over some idea's she is tossing around!

I am THRILLED! When I got pregnant with my daughter I told myself that when she went to school I was going to apply at the Farmland for work. Since it is right up my alley. Now I am going to be working there!
    I get to teach kids, and their parents about animals!!!!! Their care etc. They have peacocks, llamas, emus, ponies, pigs, sheep,cows, goats, rabbits, ferrets, chickens etc etc. I am going to keep a pair of work boots there for only work for bio security reasons.

I am SO EXCITED!!!!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] a real dream job!

3. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    that sounds great, congratulations [​IMG]

4. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    laplace,la
    feels good to be "blessed"...doesn't it?

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    That is fantastic!

6. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    How wonderful for you! You will be getting paid doing something that you love to do!! [​IMG]

7. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    It really makes going to work totally more encourageing, when you have a job you like. It sounds like you are going to really enjoy this job. Congrads!

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Thanks everyone!
    I loved my last job as well. I am just lucky that way

Quote:I feel like I got this job because I was the right person for the job.
    I have the education, skills and experience. Not because I was "blessed"

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hooray!!!

10. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    aww I wish i could get a farm job

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by