I got a surprise

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by txredneckmedic, May 17, 2009.

1. txredneckmedic

txredneckmedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Well I thought I had gotten rid of all my roosters, Well as I was leaving home this morning I heard this awful sound coming from the chicken coop....so I figured a cat found a way in. Well I go back there and their all there, and then I see this chick stretch out its neck and try to crow. Their bout 8 weeks old....guess ima keep this one and have chicks later on.

2. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I wish you could post a clip of the sound...I've never heard a roo trying out it's first cock-a-doodle doo...LOL

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:I will get you a sound clip when mine do it. Its the best sound in the world. It sounds like osmeone is strangling them as they are crowing LOL

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    It's somewhere between oh, no, what's got my chickens and rolling hysterically on the floor! [​IMG]

Funniest sound I have ever heard!

5. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I can't wait....just incase this thread goes into the cyber no man's land...please PM that sound clip...I'd LOVE TO HEAR IT!!! (although I'd rather hear it on the computer then from my flock! LOL)

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    so far I counted 3 baby roosters. once they crow I will record it.

7. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Mine are all trying to crow, and it is hilarious. It sounds like nothing else, and you can't help but laugh. It is even funnier to see the confused looks of all the hens to the funny sounds coming from the roos. Right now, with my young roo fleet of 20 birds, only two have the cock a doodle doo down, so there is a lot more misfires then crows, lol

vortec

8. txredneckmedic

txredneckmedic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    if i get a chance ill post a video if i can catch him trying it. Its pretty hilarious

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    when my golden sebright first tried to crow, he sounded like he had sore throat.

10. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    m2wandc you dont want to hear a 1rst crow. It sounds horrible LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by