I got and egg! I got an egg! 18 weeks old today.

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
Yep, this is a funny story. We were chasing the girls back into the coop after a long day out playing in the yard. He lifted up their water fount to put it back into the coop and decided to check the nesting boxes. He said, "do we have an egg? We have a golf ball... there's an egg". I said, "no there's not". I thought he was just pulling my leg but he wasn't there it was, a little tiny egg and the girls are only 18 weeks old today. I've not even fully switched them over to big chicken food.

wee.gif
I have an egg! I have an egg! I guess that talking to, I gave them the other day worked.

I'll post a picture once the server comes back up.

wee.gif
ya.gif

firstegg.jpg

Last edited:
I edited the first post to add the picture. I put it on a paper clip to keep it from rolling.

The girls started layer pellets today. Actually, I've given them a few a day or so ago to get them used to the idea that they weren't going to get crumbles any more.

I have know idea who layed it. I heard a major squack over by the coop, and yelled at the dog for bugging the chickens. Maybe it wasn't him at all, maybe it was an egg.
hmm.png
He's always trying to get the girls to play with him. We have a giant great dane who is totally worthless. So I just figured he was at it again.

Well, 13 more girls to go. DH thinks it's the Black Star, but could be any one of the 5 Red Stars or 4 SLW's. or 4 EEer's but I hope it wasn't one of them. I'm holding out for green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom