1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got babies!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MsMcChick, Mar 5, 2008.

1. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    2 of my Saanen does had their kids Tuesday! 3 doelings and 1 buckling [​IMG] When I got home from work Tuesday night we'd lost the littlest girl, she was so tiny though, I wondered when I saw her if she'd make it. Now i've got one more doe to go, she's the one I thought would go first. I wonder if she'll have twins or triplets, she's SO huge [​IMG]

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Where's the pics??????????????

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Yeah..I wanna see some pics too! [​IMG]

stacy

4. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I can't get my internet to work at home and i'm not allowed to download at work [​IMG] Soon though

5. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Ok, if this works out right, you should be able to go to my webshots page and look through the albums (its' been sooooooooo long since i've done this, who knows if it'll work) [​IMG] The kids are in the "BABIES" book. I had 2 more babies Friday afternoon, for a total of 5 girls and 1 boy. We lost the littlest girl later monday night. She was so very tiny, small enough to have been a pygmy! But we're happy, everyone else is healthy and livin the good life! Have fun with the pics...my life is now an open book [​IMG] ~Tracy

http://community.webshots.com/user/mischiefsmom?vhost=community

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Those are the cutest kids! I'm sorry about the tiny girl. They are so very pretty. [​IMG]

Do they usually have multiple births?

7. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    MOst usually have twins but I do get singles alot too..and triplets and sometimes quads...havent got quads yet but who know ...it can happens...the most I have gotten is triplets...and they are cute babies you got there sorry about the little doe...

8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Congrats on your babies and high percentage of doelings! Adorable.

So sorry about the wee doeling. We have one of those, too, out of a triplet birth and at 2+ weeks she's still touch and go with intensive care.

9. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Helmsted, I hope your wee doeling pulls through and grows up healthy and strong.

10. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Thanks everyone! I am loving this [​IMG] So far the 5 we have are doing so great, i just keep waiting. I run to the barn first thing in the morning, and last thing at night, several times during the day, just to make sure all is good. Hubby says i'm getting a bit neurotic, LOL I love the doe ratio, i think i'm keeping that Daddy buck! I was saddend to loose the littlest doeling, but she was just SO tiny, it wasn't too surprising. She was eating pretty good and seemed full of energy, i do wonder what happened.
    The ones that are left are HOGS though. Not one doe has milk left in her and the babies are already nibbling on grain and hay. This weekend we're setting up the creep feeder, only thing is that the pig will probably be able to fit under it, gotta figure out that one first. We've been giving them bottles of warm water to help out, they just gobble them down too, LOL.
    Yeah babies!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by