I got buttons! *More Pics*

MotherMal13

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Waterport, NY
woot.gif
I got my first 2 baby buttons today. Oh my are they tiny. The guy i got them from said that they're two weeks old. No names yett. Also what colors do you think they will turn out to be? Or do you need better pics? Thanks.
smile.png

36298_black_baby_button.jpg

Next to a water bottlle cap.
36298_white_baby_button.jpg

Last edited:
Um, the birds in the photos are more like 2 days old, not 2 weeks. By 2 weeks, they would be about 3 inches long, almost fully feathered, and able to fly. And, definitely a lot bigger than a bottle cap, but still pretty small overall, like the size of a mouse.

Colors -- the solid yellow one will basically be either pure white or possibly what is called "silver" which appears to me to be a white with grayish patterns on the feathers. The dark one will end up some kind of brown shade. Your pictures are a little small on my screen to get a better idea.

They are sweet little birds, aren't they.

I thought they looked small. They dont have any feathers in at all. I'll take some bigger pics, these pics came off my phone. They are just the cutest little things but oh so fast!
smile.png

Heres some bigger pictures. Taken about 5 minutes ago.
smile.png

36298_button_babies_003.jpg

36298_button_babies_004.jpg

36298_button_babies_005.jpg

This one is extremely hard to get a good picture of, all she wants to do is run. Its kind of hard to see but her head and down her back is grayish.

36298_button_babies_006.jpg

36298_button_babies_007.jpg

36298_button_babies_008.jpg

This one is alot calmer. She is almost all black except for a little bit of reddish going down her back and what looks like the outline of a beard in white.

So what colors do you guys think they are? Also when should i be able to tell their gender? Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom