I got chicks from Marlinchaser (Dennis)...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blb, Mar 9, 2008.

1. blb

blb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Maryland
    I was in chat today with marlinchaser. I had lost my 1 day old chicks to my dogs last tues. He has 5 days out chicks and said I could have a couple so I got in the car as fast as can be [​IMG] and came home with 5 chicks!!! They are sooooo very cute! He and his family are the nicest people you would want to know. I loved it when he came out of his house all his chickens came running as fast as they could to him! It was the cutest sight! [​IMG] I got to see his 5 week old and all his chicken (30 something) and guina fowl (boy are they ugly). I am just so happy! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They are home now and everyone is looking good. If there are any roos he is getting them back, lol. Thanks again Dennis!! You are the best!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] Way to go Marlinchaser!

Congrats on the new chicks blb! I know how hard it was for you to lose them like that.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    BlB I also picked up a few pullets from him about two months ago his
    family is the BEST ! AND THEY ALL LIKE CHICKENS! [​IMG] I got to see a speckled hen baby in live color! His coop is so nice ! I got to see a broody! I got to see buckeye's ! I got to see his really nice coop! & I got 6 more chickens !!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE BEST VISIT EVER!

Henry

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    He's a good guy! Heart of gold !
    (PLEASE don't tell him I said that)

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Thanks for the nice words, I had a dozen eggs to send with you, but was busy talking and and forgot about them till I got inside. Hope they work out for ya, and dont forget to post a Picture or two along the way.

P.S. Lesser Prairie Chicken(mama) is still not happy with me. I went out after you left and she gathered the 4 she had into the corner, and puffed up big and mean like, but I gave her a little candy she calmed down long enough to get a couple bites then right back to the corner.

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Just be careful. Marlin has been known to pass off Guinea chicks as
    chickens. I wouldn't trust him. [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I will save one of those for you. [​IMG]

She only picked out the cute ones, so couldnt pass a guinea off as cute one if she was blindfolded.

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:You are just gonna RUIN his reputation!

J/K [​IMG]

9. blb

blb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Maryland
    Ohhhh poor mama! Tell Lesser Prairie Chicken that I'm taking good care of her babies. I took the paper towel off this morning and they are having a field day scratching threw the pine shavings. I will have to change their water soon, their are shavings all in it!

I love them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by