I Got Duckies!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jun 12, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i got some pekins today [​IMG] two girls (i hope) they are 2 months old. no wing feathers yet so i put them in with my mallards instead of my drake. when they get a bit more firm and full grown i will put them in with duckie. he didn't freak out like i thought he would but we shall see. fruitloops (mallard) is in the pen running around quacking. she looks funny and the pekins look like they are looking at her like she's a crack head lol here are a few photos. the poor dears were really dirty. i'm glad i got them. poor babies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    petunia on the right and percy on the left
    [​IMG]
    percy and i

2. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Ohh good for you!!

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

4. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    so cute! although even with my short time of duck experience i think they rather enjoy getting dirty [​IMG]

5. Crayonsmom

Crayonsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    Maybe they didn't have a pool to bathe in? Our ducks are always very clean looking. Glad you got them! They look like sweeties. [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They look very sweet, Congrats.

7. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    they sorta had a pool but it was very dirty. poor things. i wish i could have taken them all. Percy, the one on the picture with me, is the sweetest little thing!!! she's like ducky putty in my hands. i'm supposed to be doing my final for school but i went outside awhile ago to go hold her. she just sits there! so cute and cuddly. Petunia is not very fond of me yet, i need to work with her lol.

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] You finally have the Pekins you have wanted for so long. I can remember back nearly two years ago - you told me you were looking for Pekins when you first got Duckie and Quackers. They will clean up quick given some fresh water- and with some love... and some peas and treats - if they go for them you will have them both quietening down around you.

9. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    they have taken a bath. so pretty!! i forgot about peas!!! i'm used to ducks that don't like them! as much as i miss quackers and alicia soooooo much!! i am happy i finally got some pekins! you should see little foot and her little handiquacked self. she's lookin for a fight and those pekins are scared of her crazy butt. they keep running away from her lol and fruitloops is running around everywhere quacking! hahaha

10. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Aww..nice ducks! It's too bad people let them wallow in mud [​IMG] It's so unhealthy for them! Good luck with your new additions!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by