I got eggs to incubate

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dogwood Farm, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I should have posted this first before the other. The girls and I are so excited. I advertised locally for fertile eggs. Went yesterday afternoon and the lady was very nice and very informative. She's going to wish she never met me probably after all my questions. I hope she tells me to leave her alone if she has had enough. LOL
    Of course I'm driving myself crazy with all the humidity questions. Driving myself crazy with recovery temp as I mentioned in the other post. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. It's not that hard. LOL Thanks for giving me a place to release. I just really want to do this right and make it a great experience for my girls who are 8 and 11 yrs old. They would just be so beside themselves if we could manage to get a few chicks to hatch out. So please bear with me the next 18 - 21 days. LOL

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    are you in my boat? I thought I saw someone walking across my boat deck? [​IMG] your not alone! 16-20 days to go!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's not rocket science. lol It's fun! Most of all and the only thing I can add is have Patience for them to hatch on their own.

4. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Quote:I'll hold your hand if you hold mine. I just started this morning. I am so excited.

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    YAY! Let the addiction begin! For both of you!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by