1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I GOT 'EM, I GOT 'EM......BLUE AND SPLASH ORPS

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by texaschickmama, Sep 29, 2008.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I'm so excited about the new additions to my flock. We went yesterday and picked up a blue orp roo and splash hen. The blue orps tails feathers are missing, just happened a few days ago, but he is still gorgeous. The splash hen has a few "rooster ridden" feathers missing, but she is gorgeous also. My buff orp and the new guy have been having a crow-off since the arrival of the newbies..... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Well, aren't they purdy? [​IMG]

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Yes, they are very pretty! Those feathers will grow back, we always show off the nicely looking birds but with matings, moltings and pecking everyone has birds that have had that happen!! Congrats!!

4. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Thanks, I got them from a guy in Greenville, TX. He said he got eggs off of ebay and hatched them. I was just wondering if these birds came from someone on here. The ebay username has stacy in it. He wasn't sure where they came from. Anyone here?

5. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Does anyone on this forum sell blue orp eggs on ebay with stacy somewhere in your username? If so, I might have 2 of your birds.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, there is a Stacey. Isn't that corancher? I know there is a Stacey with blue Orpingtons here somewhere. Congrats on your new birds, Tx.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Corancher is Ann.

8. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Your Orps are pretty! I am sure once those feathers come back in you'll have a knock-out looking pair! Lucky You!

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Nice orps! Her feathers will grow back. If he is too rough make her a saddle out of duct tape. The tape will protect her and will fall off when the new feathers are coming in.

10. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Pretty Birds you got....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by