I got five new chooks today! Cochins and Marans!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Quail_Antwerp, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    So today I got 2 cochins, 1 blue frizzle roo and a smooth feathered blue pullet.

1 black cochin maran cross.

And a pair of cuckoo Marans! I am so super excited!!

I didn't take any pics yet, it was almost dark by the time we got home. I love my new babies already! The cochins are sooo big and soft! and the butts are super fluffy!!!

I will try to get pics tomorrow and post them, but they already have their pictures on here...

You will find Louisa, Quincy, and Polk here in this thread...
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=96707&p=4

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    OMG!!! They are sooo cute!!! I just love cochins!!! COngratulations!!!

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Went out this morning to feed the chooks...I had to crack up laughing at the new kids!

First, Pocket, my buff orp roo, figured out there were new roos on the place....so of course he flies out of his run (ok wing clipping time!) and mosey's on over to the duck run, where Monroe is standing at the wire. I was so scared the two were going to start at it, so I grabbed the feed scoop and a handful of scratch and bribed Pocket back into his own run. Situation diverted!

I fed all the regulars first, so no one would be scrambling to get in with the new group. They like to do that on occassion lol I then stepped into the duck run to fill feeders and waterers for the new group.

Omigoodness did I ever crack up!

First, Elizabeth is definite the Royalty of the group!! She had to be the first one up, after having been the last to bed, and Monroe was second. Polk, Quincy, and Louisa ambled out, but only after I gave them a little encouragement. Then amid squaks and clucking, found the food and water I had put down, but refused to eat until I had removed myself from their presence. HAHAHA They just need to get used to me. They still didn't eat until Elizabeth had her first bite! I was so shocked! I couldn't believe it LOL

I sooo love Louisa! She has such full feathering, and she looks like she is gliding around the run, like a genteel lady in her expensive blue ball gown! I have to take pics to show ya'll, but I am telling you, pictures do NOT do these beautiful chickens justice!

keljonma, I cannot express my gratitude enough for allowing me to adopt these beautiful chickens into my home! er well, onto my farm LOL If Dh would let them in the house, I would be making/buying chicken diapers!!!

I promise! Pics later today!! (if I find the time! got packages to ship out first!)

4. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    Sure is quiet without chickens in the house! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by