I got FREEEEE eggs!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by marytoast, Apr 11, 2009.

1. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    My mom's neighbor brought me 19, yes 19 guinea eggs today. He would not take any $ for them. The bator is warming. I have been waiting 2 months to fill my bator!!! Just think in 28 days or so I'll have sweet little guinea keets!!!! [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    YAY noisey dinosaurs in your future!!!! (i mean that in a good way! LOL)! I'd have some...but i think my mom would kill me [​IMG] LOL

3. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Noisy dinosaurs - I love it. Wish I could have some.

4. Harp Turkey Ranch

Harp Turkey Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    What a score !!! good luck on them with the guineas I hatched last year, you need to increase the humidity in the last 3 days near 80% or so so they can get out of their thick shell. That was my experience with them.

5. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    thanks, I thoght they were the same as chickens only longer. I've never hatched guineas. Any advise is purely appreciated and welcome.

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Don't forget pictures when everyone hatches

7. TheMartianChick

TheMartianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

If possible, try to put a chicken egg or two in the incubator, too. Guinea keets aren't quite as smart as baby chicks and a chick can teach them the basic stuff that they need to know. I can't have guineas where I live but I do miss the ma-greep, ma-greep sound that they make when they are happy.

8. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Cool.... I got 14 in my neighbors bator, should be hatching around the end of this month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by