I got Had :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, Nov 29, 2011.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Bought some eggs on Ebay and got had. I was trying to buy my mom some eggs so she could hatch Christmas chicks as her Christmas gift and the listing I bid and paid for turned out to be a fraud. I'm so upset [​IMG] Now I have no gift money and no eggs for my mom. I checked out everything and made sure they had good feedback now their feedback is terrible and a lot of other were scammed too. [​IMG]

2. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    Im very sorry to hear that! What kind of eggs were you looking at? Im sure there are people on here who would be willing to give you a good deal so you could still give her some.

3. [​IMG]
    thats so mean of people to do that! [​IMG]

you may be able to get your money back. i hear ebay always listens to the buyer in these situations

4. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I contacted Ebay and Paypal so hopefully I can get it back. Anywho I put a wanted ad in the wanteds here, I wont ever buy from anywhere but here, never had a problem here. Gahh I just dont get it, people are so evil.

5. FlyRobinFly

FlyRobinFly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2011
    Sorry to hear about the scam, that really stinks! Really makes you lose faith in people. [​IMG]

If you send eBay a copy of the negative feedback showing many other folks got taken, it helps your case. And PayPal should be able to refund you some if not all of your money. It's a pain but I hope you are able to get some nice eggs for your mom for Christmas. [​IMG]

6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I am sorry you had a problem. What kind of eggs are you looking for? Deb

7. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:I wasn't quite set on anything, she needs some good layers and she loves silkies. Silkies and showgirls is whay I had originally bought but I would like to get her some plymouth, maybe some cochins.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I wasn't quite set on anything, she needs some good layers and she loves silkies. Silkies and showgirls is whay I had originally bought but I would like to get her some plymouth, maybe some cochins.

Silkies are pretty and they are good broodies, but they are NOT good layers. Just sayin....

9. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Have you checked out the BSA auction here on byc? My cochins are laying slow and I have orders to fill. EmVickrey has nice silkies reasonably, and I trust her, I have hatched her eggs with good results. I will be listing more auctions this week including production reds. Good luck, Deb

10. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    If you filed a dispute with ebay and paypal they will get your money back. I know I had to do that once. I could send you some eggs but they would be barnyard mixes. And I couldnt send them til Monday as I dont have the money for shipping til then. If you still want them let me know and I can send some out to you. I do have a silkie but I dont know if she has been mated yet and by who as I have 5 roosters. Im sorry that happened to you. That just sucks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by