I got home from work......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by seminolewind, Nov 18, 2007.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    After working a 12 hour nite shift, I came home to a pipped peeping egg!!!!! She kept right at it, and finally stumbled out; soooo cute. My first hatch baby. Pictures will come soon.
    Question, the sibling egg was moving around this morning, then not moving tonight. When should I worry? Karen

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Oh that's great! Congrats on the new baby. I wouldn't worry to much the other one is probably resting.

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

How exciting, Seminole!!!! Hurry up with those pics!!!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Are these my Suede/Caroline babies? Awesome! My very first hatch, one fiesty little girl pipped and zipped in 15 minutes, a full day early. She was alone for 8 hours before she got a playmate.

5. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    congrts!!!

6. Congratulations on your first hatchling!!
    I hope the other doesn't keep you waiting long!

Good luck!
    Lisa

7. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Cynthia, These are the polish chicks, started with 4, 2 quitters, one hatched, one waiting.
    Yours were just put in the hatcher, today was day 18. I think you sent me 9 eggs, one was clear, I have 8 left, all looked good from the last candling, 3 days ago. I am excited! Karen

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've completely lost track, Karen, sorry! That's great that so many made it till now.

9. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Cynthia, one of Suede's eggs, well I coulda sworn it was moving this morning, but I was probably hallucinating, LOL. I guess you can talk yourself into anything. Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by