I got my chicks! Question about tan EE.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CindyRM, Oct 15, 2009.

1. CindyRM

CindyRM New Egg

Sep 27, 2009
    Yay! I got my chicks last week from MPC. Of course the camera went out the week before they got here.

I got 2 EE, one chipmunk and one pretty light tan with the chipmunk striping. Both are the most friendly of the bunch and are now flying up out of
    the brooder up to me when I go in their room! the light one is Peggy, the dark one is Bridgette.
    1 Buff Orpington, who is so tiny but really fiesty and such a crybaby! She cries when she catches a bug, she cries when I leave, she cries when I change the water, anything makes her cry! She also gets the most treats beause of her crying....she's figuring it out! Her name is Blondie.
    1 Barred Rock, the leader and head chick since the second I opened the box. She's also super friendly. She's Macy.
    1 SLW and 1 GLW, both are the most standoff-ish. Friendly and don't freak out when I hold them but they'd rather be given snacks, not held.
    The SLW is Luna and the GLW is the one left without a name.

I love them!!

I did have one emergency day lat week. Bridgette decided to sleep really close to the waterer and apparently another chick piled a ton of shavings into it. So all the litter got wet, including Bridgette. This happened during the night and in the morning I found Bridgette freezing, wet and in bad shape. I gave her sugar water, olive oil mixed in with the starter, and egg and she perked up several hours later. Seeing her slumped on the ground with her wings sagging was so sad!!! I'm glad she's better.

They have had a big afternoon. I took the group to the backyard to enjoy the sun and see what they'd do. Wow! they started acting like....adult chickens! Scratching, dust bathing, eating anything that moved! Fun!

Anyone else with a tan EE? What color do they end up? Pics?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. bibliophile birds

bibliophile birds Chillin' With My Peeps

we're talking about the same thing over at this thread if you want to check it out. it says Ameraucana in the name, but i was informed that they are really EEs. lots of pics you can maybe compare yours to.

aren't they all adorable? [​IMG]

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have 5 EE's and the tan one turned out white with black (Splash). Very pretty. She is the one in the front left of the below picture. But the fun thing about the EE's is you never really know what color you will end up with!

[​IMG]

The chipmunk one's of mine grew up to look like the below picture... just a little variation in shade.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by