I got my chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by painter chick, Jun 23, 2008.

1. painter chick

painter chick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    Leelanau county MI
    6:27 am phone call my chicks arrived!!! everyone survived and looks great (so far) My mystery chick is a riot I have no idea what it'ull be but it's certainly a lively little guy lots of dashing about (it's all black except has a white belly and a small bit of white on his wings).

Question: one has a little piece of black stuff hanging from it's belly I thought it was pasty but it's not, is this part of the yolk sack? it seems to be well attached and the chick is eating ,drinking, pooping and sleeping as well as everyone else but what is this thing?

I adore these guys and I swear they grow before my eyes, there already playing keep away with pieces of pine shaving!

2. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Have fun with your new babies!

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Where'd you order your little ones from? What did you get???

4. painter chick

Jun 12, 2008
    Leelanau county MI
    I ordered from McMurrey and I got 25 silver penciled rocks, I thought they would all look similar but there a couple lighter, some with a chestnut tint and others with a greyer tint, then my mystery chick who was all over the place from the first minute.

5. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Pictures!! We need pictures [​IMG]

6. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Yes~~Lots of Pictures Plz!!! [​IMG]

7. Eliz

Eliz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! [​IMG]

8. painter chick

Jun 12, 2008
    Leelanau county MI
    I'd love to show picts I'm taking dozens+movies of these little crazed guys but I'm basically computer illiterate about posting them, I'll be studying up tomorrow but I truly believe these chicks need ridalin (sp?).

Once they seemed to get settled and were napping alot (I keep expecting death) but then they jump up, somebody grabs a pine chip and it reminds me of a scene from jurassic park as they all race across the brooder trying to get it away, I can't stop watching.

My little black chick has grown his wing feathers since this morning! there about 3/4 of an inch out I'm afraid to open the garage door in the morning and find a 4 foot tall chick. This is certainly an amazing learning experience, for me at least. I'll try for some picts tomorrow, thanks for the interest all!

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    It's easy....go to Photobucket and upload and then click the bottom url link under the pic and paste it in the post on the thread.

Trust me, these people here love pictures.

10. painter chick

Jun 12, 2008
    Leelanau county MI
    I tryed to use photobucket but I have very slow dial up and an old used computer and I kept crashing I'm afraid I'll upset my whole system I think I uploaded picture into my uploads here but all that comes up is the code when I try to get the photos to show.
    I'm way too frustrated right now so I'll try again later, Chickens are waaaaaay easier than computers!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by