1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got my ducklings.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Cheri, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Only 2 survived. Oh well, I can get her to order more later. They are so cute but I am putting them in the dog pen and putting them with the girls so they will be warm.

2. JFL1950

JFL1950 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2007
    Jacksonville, Texas
    We had 5 hatch out of 12 and are three weeks old on sat. they were put outside after a two week and are doing fine now.
    They grow so much faster then Chickens and love to get wet and swim.
    We feed them the Chicken start food. and the wfe gives them lettuce and they love it.

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    My ducklings are doing great. They are almost 3 weeks old. Momma duck hatched them all by herself I was so proud. Here are a few pics I took yesterday inbetween the rain!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's been so rainy here that the mud is unbelievable in their little pen so I had my 13 year old go pull up some weeds and put in with them. They are using it like a little island. I bought them a kiddy pool and haven't had a chance to even give it to them yet. With all the rain they can swim in their run!

4. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Aw. I took some cute pics with my daughter and the babies. They perched in her hair. I may submit them for pic of the week. LOL! They like her better than me!

5. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    I have 2 ducklings. They are indian runner ducks from ideal. They are about 2 1/2 weeks old now
    My crested fawn and white runner female
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My little black runner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I got two female mallards. I have 1 mallard drake, 1 pekin drake and one I have no clue what he is.

7. sloper74

sloper74 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    Ducks are addictive! We have 15 ducks and a pond my husband build with a filtration system.

I want more, but our pond can't sustain any more. Our family goes around quacking to each other. Ducks are so much fun! Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by