I GOT MY EGGS......OH NO!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BoJo, Feb 27, 2009.

1. BoJo

BoJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    Now what do I do!!! OMG [​IMG]

Lets see how a bator virgin, does. I put in 6 eggs from therealsilkiechick today, (THANKS!!!) and one from my Mille Fluers from the yard. [​IMG]
    I hope to get the ones from Dipsy Doo tomorrow or Monday!!! YEAH [​IMG]

Temp has been at 99 for 2 days....

The addiction chain has not been broken....I found myself today saying, "On the chicken forum...." not once but twice!! Some of the other teachers just stared at me!! LOL [​IMG]

Thanks for all that you all do!!!

BoJo

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Grats on your eggs and I hope all hatch for you. I'm getting ready to receive some early next week as well [​IMG]

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you using a still air bator. For shipped eggs it is best to let them sit for 12-24 hours to let the air cells return to normal. I also set all my egss at once.

4. BoJo

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    OH NO!!!! [​IMG]

Should I take them out and wait...it has only been an hour or two.....[​IMG]

It is a Hovabator 1602??!!! There is no fan...so I guess it is still!!!

BoJo

5. Hi Bobbi! The eggs are on the way. I'm about to send you the DC#.

Good Luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. BoJo

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you sooo much!!

BoJo

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, you live an hour or so from me. I may have to get you addicted to Blue Orpingtons....(evil laugh)

8. But OH NO! I didn't know you had other eggs coming and had set them.
    I'd take those you set out and set them all together Mon evening, but check with the seller of the other eggs to see if they are fresh enough to wait the extra days.
    Phooey, sorry for the complications on your very first-est hatch --- before you even get started good even.

Lisa

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

There is a learning curve on this incubation thing, that's for sure. Good luck with getting all your eggs in a row!

10. BoJo

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    Well, you live an hour or so from me. I may have to get you addicted to Blue Orpingtons....(evil laugh)

I am going to Blairsville tomorrow to pick up a nanny nigi....are you on that route?? I can buy some more to put in on Monday with the others!!! [​IMG]

But OH NO! I didn't know you had other eggs coming and had set them.
    I'd take those you set out and set them all together Mon evening, but check with the seller of the other eggs to see if they are fresh enough to wait the extra days.
    Phooey, sorry for the complications on your very first-est hatch --- before you even get started good even.

Lisa

I think it will be fine....It could just be my impatience???? I am afraid of letting them sit out for 3 more days...our home stays at 66 in the winter.... would that be too cold? I am sooo sad [​IMG] They have come from PA...
    What would you all do.....just take them out and let them sit...that is probably what I should do.

I could just go buy another bator!!! LOL [​IMG]
    BoJo​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by