I GOT MY FIRST BABIES!!!! Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CashmereSussex, Sep 1, 2007.

1. CashmereSussex

CashmereSussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    okies well, a few days ago, someone came over my house and fiddled with my incubator (hovabator) and the temp was below 20C, it was a guy who was at the pet shop (produce) when my mum was told by the owner that they would buy any baby we got, so the guy who was with my mum decided to sell all he cows to invest in chickens, i was truly upset with him copying me because he is doing it so i will not be able to sell mine, so he came over the other day (the day my incubator temp was fiddled with) i thought all of the embryos would have died, they have been in for 4 days extra and to my amazement they hatched today, it is soo cool, my idea is to breed quality not Quantity (he brought a 250 egg, mine is a 42 egg) i took these about 5 mins ago to show everyone, and in a few weeks i will post some pics so you guys can tell me what i have, the breeds include Polish, Australorp, Belgian, Wyandotte, Barnevelder, Duckwing, Brow Leghorn, Campine, Rhode Island Red, Faverole, Plymouth Rock, Hamburg, Speckled Sussex and Light Sussex and 2 unmarked breeds, i have around 12 i dont think are going to hatch

Okies the pics, around 17 have hatched

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they are really cute and when i talk at the windows they jump up trying to get near me and all huddle under the window i look in

2. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Grats, Cute babies ! [​IMG]

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

HOw cute is that ! congrats to you.enjoy !

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhh my!! Lookies at all those cuties!! BABIES!! I have 5 days left for mine....the waite is TERRIBLE!
    Shame on that guy for trying to copy you. Can't really tell what they are yet....give them about a week, and repost pics....I cant waite to see them all fluffy!!

5. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    oh those babies! They are soooooo cute.[​IMG]

6. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, that is an incredible hatch ratio. You must be very proud. Looking forward to seeing pics in a few days once they've fluffed out.

7. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    You guys have got to stop!! I want to incubate SOOO bad!!!

They are adorable. Congrats

8. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    SOOOoooo!!!! Cool. I was suprised when mine came to the window when I talked and looked at them. They were only hours old. Your pics are great and the variety is exciting. Cant wait to see the growing pics. Congrats, chickenboy

9. riley

riley Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Mooers, NY
    cute chicks!!!!

10. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! What a great looking hatch! [​IMG] Congrats to you!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by