I got my first dewlap toulouse egg today!!!!

Iain Utah

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 17, 2011
Ember, my sweet 8mo old grey dewlap Toulouse girl laid her first egg today!!! It is teeny and bloody and not fertile (not that I would set a dewlap egg that small), but it was an awesome surprise to find today!
love.gif

Ember, my sweet 8mo old grey dewlap Toulouse girl laid her first egg today!!! It is teeny and bloody and not fertile (not that I would set a dewlap egg that small), but it was an awesome surprise to find today!
love.gif
celebrate.gif
Great new J... and Congrats..
forgot to say when i go in to let Missy and Sammy out in the morning there is an indention in the shaving like she is getting in the nesting mode. Our girls are the same age too.

Last edited:
THANKS! I can't wait for you to find your first goose egg, too. It's a great fun surprise!

I bet Ember is early because she lives inside and often I turn light on in evenings in her room. As you know, my Africans spent last night in my fenced side yard next to my house, so I scoured it looking for eggs today after I found Ember's little beauty (fyi, it only weighed 136 grams). I didn't find anything there or in my ducks' coop. But my Africans are paired up and breeding, and some of the dewlaps are breeding too, so changes are happening all around. It's an exciting time here.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom