I got my first EE egg today!!!!!! 10 confirmed layers now yeah!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sonew123, Oct 24, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I have an EE that is only 20 weeks old and her comb was not even red! I thought for sure another 2 months of waiting from her!!! After I let the troops out for the morning-I could hear the "songs" going and the hens lining up to lay in the nest they deemed they're favorite. Mind you there's 10 places/nests made for them to lay-they chose to create their own and lay there. I walked in to clean and see my EE sitting on the nest-I shrugged it off as napping. Went about my business and an hour later say a gorgeous light blue baby egg in there-I swear I almost started to cry I was so proud! When Dh gets home with Digital Ill take pictures but wow is it blue!!! I hope that means the other girls her age are going to start laying-yeah [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hurray for EE eggs! I love my EE eggs, they are so pretty!

3. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    [​IMG]

That is fantastic. It's been hard to wait for eggs, but I'm REALLY wanting to see what colours my ee(s) give me!!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    [​IMG]

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Thanks guys!! I had to show everyone this am!!! They were like-holy cow chickens lay colored eggs? I looked at them as if they were dumb-I said heck yeah they do! It was so funny-I said where have you guys been-thats all ive talked about for a year and a half now-they said "yeah we know...we tune you out!" [​IMG] Its as bad as a mom not hearing their kids saying "Mom..MOm...MOM...mom...Mom...." LOL

6. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Quote:Oh I hear them..... I choose to ignore them. Except my 5yo, he will NOT be ignored. [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

My EEs are 24 weeks old, and still no egg. I am anxiously waiting!
    Congrats on your beautiful blue egg!

8. littlegip

littlegip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2009
    Romulus Michigan
    aww congrats ,my ee laid her first egg today also ....it's an EE kinda day ,my egg is green and she is 21 weeks , congrats to you and your girl:thumbsup

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Im so proud of that little fart egg I dont know if I want to eat it or blow it out and make Christmas decorations out of it like the others:)

10. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Hey thats a good idea How do you keep them from breaking after, do you fill them? Put something on them? I new to that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by