I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!! ***PICS**** *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by BirdBoy88, Sep 5, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I am sooooo happy right now [​IMG]

i went to go look in the aviary as i always do i like watching the buttons run around.... and as i was watching them i saw my silver male mate with not one but 2 hens!! [​IMG]

That means i am going to be getting my first egg soon! [​IMG]

My buttons are 8 weeks old will be 9 weeks old this up coming Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Good for you! Have you ever seen the really old Star Trek show called the Trouble with Tribbles? I've always thought of Button Quail as being like the Tribbles. Or sort of like Gremlins. Dont feed them after midnight. They multiply just by adding water. Dozens and Dozens, they are so prolific! You are going to have alot of eggs! I dont have any right now, but I did once!
    How fun for you!
    I am going get some more too! I think I will get some soon, you make it sound fun again! Like Tribbles!
    Tina

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    LOL your so right...

and i just look in the aviary and the males are walking around showing off for the hens it's to cute and all the hens are doing is fluffing there feathers out an walking around teasing the males [​IMG]

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I was just cleaning the aviary out so i put all the buttons in another cage while i clean the aviary and while they were waiting on me to finish cleaning ...when i got done i went to take them out the cage to put them back in the aviary and i found an egg in the cage!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i guess she couldn't wait till she got back in the aviary [​IMG]

My first egg!

[​IMG]

someone peck at it but that's ok i will just take the yolk out an put wax on the crack and save my eggy [​IMG]

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    congrats on your first egg [​IMG]

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    YAY!!!!! congrats!!!!! I know i was soo excited when Kitty (my button) layed her first egg here I waslike FINNALLY!!!! [​IMG] Now almost 20 eggs later, Im hoping she stops soon cuz I keep incubating each egg HAHA!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:LOL we are going to have a button overload

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    My goodness since i got my first egg last night my male button quails have been going crazy.. all the dancing and chasing each other.. i may not have any choice but to take some males out and put in them another aviary at my parents house [​IMG]

i have 4 hens and 5 males i may have to take 3 males out i would hate to though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by