I Got My First Egg Today! :)

wee.gif

That's wonderful! Getting that first egg is a wonderful experience. Can't wait to see a photo. Do you know which of your pullets laid it?

I have no idea. They have nothing in their nesting boxes cause I didn't think it would be this early! LOL Hubby went out this morning to let them out and there it was, right in front of the coop door. Has kind of a white hard film over the nice brown egg, about 1" or maybe a bit bigger in size. We really have 3 golden comets and 2 NH reds and 1 RIR so whichever of those breeds lays this early I guess.
smile.png

I have 2 gold comets and a RIR, plus some BR...I think it was my BR and Gold Comets who laid my first eggs this week....(got 4 yesterday) I saw the BR sitting in the nesting box, and the Gold Comets are always hanging around the coop now...fun stuff!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
you do know that when you wash them you remove the protective bloom? It will need to be put in the fridge and
starts to age then...If they go unwashed, they stay fresher longer....

*I am not trying to insult your intelligence, its just some people don't know this fact.

**I got one just like that last night!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
http://www.suburbanchicken.org/eggs.htm

so sorry, didn't mean to come off as bossy...here is an article another poster found...
I have not had any of the white on mine, but yes, it is normal...you should always wash before you use your eggs anyhow...
maybe, if you are selling, place a label on each carton instructing your customers that they were not washed, but to do so first...

Back
Top Bottom