I got my first egg!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Hennyhandler, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I saw it in the run yesterday evening when I came home. And after further searching I also found a small fart egg on the side as well. So I gave her some eggshell and put a fake egg in her dog house hoping she will use that and not the ground. I have heard many say that their ducks will still lay their eggs wherever they want but it don't hurt to try I guess. So here is my question, should I expect another egg today or not?

I don't know if they were layed on the same day which I doubt but I know they both had to be layed in the last two days since I had added a pool to their run and had placed it right beside the area the fart egg was at and I didn't see it then which was Friday.
    Either way I am so pleased. That was a nice suprise. [​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Woo hoo for first eggs!
    Congratulations!

[​IMG]

3. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    Three of mine laid an egg a day from day one. The other is sporadic. Mine are runners so they're supposed to be good layers. I suppose the breed has something to do with it.

Congratulations on your first egg! How old is your duck?

4. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a 5 month old call that layed her first egg Thursday.. everyday ive looked around and havent seen any.. This morning when the DH went to let them out he couldnt find her and finally in the corner of the pen behind some flowers she had made a little nest and there were THREE eggs in it..... [​IMG] these are my first ducks and my first Eggs.
    My other girl hasnt laid any yet and they are the same age... Congrats !!!!!

5. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I guess a little less than five months, maybe four in a half or so. She was born at Easter so... that was a rough estimate. I am so happy and have been waiting today to see if another is layed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by