I got my first hound pup!! New pics page 5!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LMEggs, Oct 28, 2011.

1. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    Okay so my other two dogs are dachshunds both very wonderful and sweet house dogs i've had them since they were both 6 weeks old and both are now 6 years old.. It's been a while since i've had a pup around and i've got a neighbor that said he'd help me learn if I got a pup using his older dog to mentor the pup! I've been coon hunting for a while just no coon hound so i've been wanting one for a few years I am eager to get the basic training on the pup and get started with the advance training!! Sooo after much searching and learning I have found a breeder near me with two pups both males (I wanted a male) his parent dogs are nice these two pups are english (blue and red tick crossed) UKC Reg. I will be choosing between them Sire is english bluetick some of his bloodline is GR nite CH Cabin creek rowdy, GR nite CH GRCH Oklahamas little blue gal, GR nite CH Michigan swamp rooster, GR nite CH balls virgina swamp rooster, and lots of briar creek in the bloodline. Dam is English redtick some of her bloodline is CH GR nite CH Cedar creek streak, GR nite CH Gibsons blue boy sunny, GR nite CH Neuse River Rambo, CH GR nte Ch Lee's Creek Magnum TJ, GR nite CH GRCH Wilcox thunder Bingo, and lots of Cedar creek bloodline. Sire has long ball on track short ball chop on tree. Dam has has long ball on track fast chop on tree.

I will be getting to see the two on sunday and picking just ONE pup!
    OMG names !? One is sort of a light red or lemon and white ticked with tan points and is smaller and the other is a deep chocolate red with tan points and white with ticking hes a fatty. :p I was thinking about some crazy names John deer (Runs like a deer!) Or Tadpole (Tree Frog or... Tree dog? LOL) Bowser(From Mario Bros!) Or Koopa or Bullet Bill (Also from Mario Bros) Or maybe Long ears like my grandpas old black and tan coonhound! How about Ty, Tyson, Tonka, or Napa, Dodger or Mac oh I don't knoow i'm so excited I can't see and all I have done at work today is bounce around oh how I wish it was sunday!!

I can smell the puppy breath now! I wonder how Tucker and Dixie my two Dachshunds are going to think about thi

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I do love hound dogs! As for a name, I'm sure his personality will help you find the perfect one.

Congrats and please post pics when you get him.

3. LMEggs

May 4, 2008
    Omg there will be TONS of pictures!! I cannot wait!

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

The both sound gorgeous, can't wait for puppy pics.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

6. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. LMEggs

May 4, 2008
    Well shoot I can't resist! Heres 5 week old pics! they are now 11 weeks old!
    [​IMG]
    This second boy i'll just have to see in person but I love his color and his ears and all and I know at 5 weeks old he must have filled out alot at this point pup #1 seems best!

[​IMG]

8. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Personally I just love pup #2! Maybe its just me, but OMG he is adorable, I just want to pick him up and snuggle him! He also looks like when he grows up he is going to be a very striking looking guy.

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Oh! Getting a puppy is so much fun! [​IMG] I don't know anything about hounds but both puppies are very cute! Have fun with the little fellow!

10. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Pup #2 is my fav!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by