I got my first polish egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by peeps7, Feb 8, 2008.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Yep, one of my little buff-laced polish layed me a perfect egg today. I've been sick with temps between 99.5-102.5 so I guess this was her way of saying get well, lol. [​IMG] I'm so excited, when my other polish starts laying I'll be able to start sending eggs out to those who ordered eggs from me!!! [​IMG] I love my polish!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    CONGRATS!!!! Hope you're feeling better soon, too!!!! [​IMG]

3. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Congrats on the egg peeps,

And you have 2 weeks to get better.

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thats great peeps! about the egg that is.

get well soon [​IMG]

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Thanks everybody, I'm doing o.k now but my temp s dropping now. First it was like 97.4 then it was 96.8 but took it right after the 96.8 and it said 97.4. I don't know what my body is doing, we prayed for me and it worked getting my temp down. [​IMG] right now I'm freezing and I keep putting my blanket in the dryer to warm it , lol. I'll definatly be better when the meet comes along, no worries there. [​IMG] Anyways it was a PERFECT little egg, I'll post pics when I have the energy to get up and get my camera. I'm so happy cause I haven't gotten an egg in forever, seems the ladies decided not to lay for a MONTH!!! [​IMG] Well, right now my little polish is on the top of the list for favs, lol. Now to see if it's fertile, whenever dad decides to eat it. Gotta let her lay for a few weeks before selling eggs anyways. [​IMG]

6. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I just started getting golden laced polish, buff laced polish and blue polish eggs these past weeks

7. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm gonna get some more pullets, I have money set aside and I'm gonna get as many pullets as I can with the money. Of course with shipping it may not be very many. [​IMG]

8. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I just set some polish eggs today

9. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    What color polish eggs did you set?

10. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Quote:My buff laced Polish laid her first egg today too!!! Congratulations to us! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by