I got my first quail eggs!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I went to do my afternoon feedings, and my son found two eggs in the cage with my pharoahs!!!
ya.gif
Isn't that odd that they 1)are starting to lay now, and 2)started laying the same day??? I'll get a pic later, but that is so cool!!!
woot.gif

Quote:
Sure! Pharoahs are about half the size of the ones you have!
lau.gif
Wouldn't really be a fair trade would it?
gig.gif

ETA: I only have a trio of pharoahs, thinking I didn't want a whole bunch. I guess I should have gotten more! I have had people ask me if I had any for sale! Yeah, two A&M's, that's barely enough to feed one person! Would need to be a pretty small person, imo!!

Last edited:
Well you shouldn't have to wait long if you keep a light on them. I have 2 A&M's that turned out to both be males. They were mature at barely 5 weeks old. I keep finding that foam in their cages
sickbyc.gif
and they are about 7 or 8 weeks now, so these guys are ready!! Too bad I don't have any girlfriends for them! Feed them well, keep a light on them, and before you know it you'll have eggs coming out your ears!

ya.gif
Congrats Shelley!!!! I wish mine would give me suprises like that already, but even if they did Id probablyhave to pitch em WAY too cold here the eggs would crack (experienced that with my dumb dumb button quail hen outside who kept laying eggs until just a few weeks ago lol)!

I'm going to be squealing on here with glee (no pun intended to your cute piggie picture ha hahha) in the spring when I have my first eggs and can FINNALLY start filling orders! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT
bun.gif

wee.gif
Yay!!! Isn't it fun?
smile.png
Mine all seem to lay at the same time. One will start the egg song and drop an egg, then the other four will set off. Last night, I think they were going for "biggest egg" - my Chicken laid a huuuuuge egg. Double yolker - I cooked it and fed it back to her.
big_smile.png

-Spooky

Back
Top Bottom