I got my first summons...:(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Lunachick, May 5, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I got it in the mail today. I felt like such a criminal. I have 3 cats, 1 dog and 7 chickens. ( and a host of plants!)

On March 27 I got a call from the P.O. that my chicks were in! My letter carrier is great, I drove over and got them. When I got home and put the chicks in the brooder I told DH I'll be in work a little later (we work together) I had to make sure the chicks were settled in and when I felt comfortable with that i would drive in. No problem. I was on my way to work when the phone rang. It was the local animal shelter, "we have your cat Oliver and someone dropped him off cause he was meowing in the rain at their front door." huh? Our cats are indoor cats except for him. He is my daughter's cat and he was always an indoor/outdoor cat. I never knew he went that far in the neighbourhood.

$15 to pick him up (this is a local animal shelter that I regularly donate $150 to $200 annually) I bring him home. He had his collar and tag with name and phone #. The person that dropped him off could have called me, but decided to catch him and bring him into the shelter. OK point taken, now he is officially an indoor cat. He's taking it very well considering.

I just got a summons for $50 because he is an unlicensed cat.

I was really worried because my chicks just went out back with the adult chickens and the adults are having a fit and making a racket the last few days, I would go out into the coop and try to calm them - yea right! not happening.....(my neighbours are close) I thought the summons was for the chickens....[​IMG] I'm writing out that check now. Dang cat. [​IMG]

2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    kitty time out box for him

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Cats are good eatin.... [​IMG]

Ya got me all nervous when I saw this thread. I thought you were
    getting in trouble for having chickens.

Chickens rule, Cats drooooollllll

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Oh good well at least it wasn't about your chickens.

I have an unlicensed dog and the animal control guy has been to my house hehehehe

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:I was nervous! I truly thought someone was complaining about my chooks! I was shaking trying to open the envelope! I don't like that!

This boy's been a lot of trouble lately. I'm done with children and teenagers and I get a cat that causes more trouble! And he wants OUT! What a pain, every time you want to go out or in you gotta watch to see if Oliver is gonna sneak out under your feet, if you take too long at the door, zoom he's out. So it's been hard.

But I'm so glad it's about him! Chickens, what chickens???[​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No no no! You've got that all wrong. Chickens rule, silkies drool. [​IMG]

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    LunaChick said "I got my first summons...[​IMG]"

...and the voice from Mt. Cystmore said, "squuuuueeeeezzze meee."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by