i got my FR's today!

blue90292

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Rosharon, TX
quite excited. those guys are fat little boogers. and i gave them some feed and they went after it like crazy. i'm glad the weather got better. everyone got here in south texas, safe and sound.

i was a bit disappointed in that i ordered 25 bronze/red and 25 gold and they weren't separated and they look so much alike that i'm not really sure which one's are gold and which one's are bronze/red. i have some friends coming over to pick some up and they wanted 5 of each. i guess i'll just tell them their guess is as good as mine.
tongue.png

I imagine you'll be able to tell them apart in a few weeks. One group should pull ahead of the others in size slightly.

I'm not getting any until first week of April. It's just too wet here to pasture broilers any sooner than that.... and I really should wait until May. But I'm hungry for chicken already!

Got our FR's yesterday too and they really ARE fat little boogers!!! Everyone made it through the first night ok although at one point we thought two were goners but they were just tired from their busy day.

I told my daughter that we couldn't name them, so she is calling them "Chicken Nuggets 1-13" LOL

You can get 50 for an extra $5 handling charge.

You will probably be very surprised how quickly 50 chickens will go once your friends and neighbors taste a good quality chicken.
smile.png

Got our 50 Red Rangers on 3/5/08. They shipped 52, we have lost 2, others doing great. Can't wait till it is time to taste them. Usually do Cornish X, trying something different.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom