I got my girls today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Casey, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Casey

Casey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2008
    I finally got the chickens that I have been wanting. I got 2 RIR hens, and 2 barred rock hens. The breeder told me the 2 RIR and 1 of the BR are about 7 months old and the other BR is about 2 years old. They are all very sweet birds and don't mind being held, I actually think they like it. My 2 kids love them. My son is about to be 3 in Feb. and my daughter is 11. They think the chickens are "cool". My wife acts like she doesn't care for them, but I think she'll come around. Anyway, here are some pics of my girls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Congrats on the babies!!!

3. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    She will come around. My husband thought I was crazy when I said I wanted chickens and now he loves them! Just wait until she opens the door and their there begging for treats, that will change her mind.
    Good luck, I'm happy for you.

4. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

What pretty ladies! Dont worry, they will soon win everyone over! Welcome to Chicken Love!
    Tina/tfpets

5. Casey

Casey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2008
    Quote:Thanks!

6. Casey

Casey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2008
    Quote:Thanks!
    I am sure she will come around. Actually, she went outside just a few minutes ago and I caught her checking on the chickens!

7. Casey

Casey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2008
    Quote:Thank you! They are so sweet, too. I can't get over how they seem to like being held.

8. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Congrats!

9. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Oh she WILL come around. My dad is a total city boy, grew up in council flats in the UK, didn't know what a pole barn was, or that eggs came out with a bloom on them. Etc.

He HATED the chickens at first, HATEDDDDDD WITH A FIREY PASSION. Now he loves them, he takes photos of them (he's an experienced photographer), shows them off to his co-workers in Toronto. He's very proud of the chickens, and even comes in the coop to collect eggs with me when he's over on the weekends he has off work.

10. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Beautiful hens. Isn't it exciting? Your set up looks very nice as well. Congratuations.

Anne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by