I got my GIRLS!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NewChickenMom, Dec 13, 2008.

1. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Here's my new girls!! I've named them Spice and Lipstick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are still scared out of their minds, just staring around. They keep looking around at all the chickens/ducks/geese as they keep moving around and making noise. They REALLY didn't like the dogs checking out their pen, Spice (the one with a beard) reared up and stomped her front feet.

I found some dead mites on them, so I dusted both of them. Then I managed to get collars on both of them (i bought 2.5" wide dog collars @ walmart). they dont really like me at this point, but they're not wild, just scared.

they have a little bit of goat feed, full water bucket, full hay net, mineral block and baking soda. i also gave them each 10cc of probios.

the one that is due to kid anytime has a full bag, but teats are not full. i also cant put my fingers around her tailbone. any ideas on when she'll kid?

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] You'll know when she's pushing!

Study up on checking ligaments...

3. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Also give them some alfalfa pellets as its good for the goats...watch those collars as they can hang on the fence and other places...they should calm down soon with time. Also get some loose minerals for cattle or goats...dont mess with the type for sheep as they dont have enough copper...mine wont mess with a mineral block but love the loose type better. I would worm them soon and especially after the doe kids...very important to do as stress causes the worms to go into overdrive. Nice looking does you got there...

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Very nice! You will have so much fun with them.

5. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    Very beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by