I got my incubator in today!

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
My Hovabator Genesis 1588 came in today! I was walking out the door to go to work and the UPS man walked up and was like, "Hey, you have chickens?" and I said, "Well I will in a couple weeks". L0L.

I ordered from cutlersupply.com, great service and speedy delivery.

Can't wait to start hatching!
jumpy.gif

Oh congratulations! You will love it! Did you get an egg turner too? I just got mine about a month and a half ago, and it came with the egg turner and some quail eggs which I hatched. I love it! The electronic thermostat is great and the egg turner makes it almost self sufficient, except for adding water about every other day.

I've got some chicken eggs coming in the mail soon, and I can't wait to use it again!

Enjoy!
Sharon

Quote:
I did pay for the turner, though I will diligently be turning by hand also. I've been told/read that doing both promotes a greater hatch rate and I want the all to hatch!

This is my first time incubating, so I'm a little nervous, but still excited none the less.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well, the egg turner does it's thing and you help. Adjusting placement, turing eggs more completely, etc. I've been told that some turners only "shake" the eggs every couple of hours and it can result in the embryos incorrectly developing. That's why it's good to do both.

Quote:
Well, the egg turner does it's thing and you help. Adjusting placement, turing eggs more completely, etc. I've been told that some turners only "shake" the eggs every couple of hours and it can result in the embryos incorrectly developing. That's why it's good to do both.

if you have a genesis the turner turns very slowly, if you mess with it, you will be doing the juggling and shaking, if you would have a sportsman then you could help though it would be unnecessary, my last hatch was 60+ with only 3 unhatched in my sportsman. and by opening your incubator alot to do the extra turning you will be cooling and releasing the humidty in the 'bator

Last edited:
That's also what I've been told in relation to turning! I've got the Genesis and I plan on watching the turner to see how it works.

If it looks like it's doing it's job then I'll let it be. Thanks for the advice.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom