I got my incubator today!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lincolnsilkies, Sep 13, 2011.

1. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    So excited i got my new incubator i got the 1588 model!! I have some eggs just waiting to go in there! But i need to read a little more before i do anything!

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Congrats on the acquisition!

Be careful, those things cause chicken math to change from addition to multiplication.

Good luck with the hatching!!

Edited for typos

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  3. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:I can say this!! For the Money, you got one of the Best!! My last Hatch with my older 1588 , I put in 120 eggs from eBay....I hatched 81 Quail Chicks!!!!!

Frank

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  4. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on getting your bator! May you become a hatchaholic because there is nothing more fun than watching peeps pippin' and zippin'!![​IMG]

5. country bumpkins

country bumpkins New Egg

Jan 7, 2011
    just ordered a new Hovabator with fan and turner from Randal Burkey. I hope is works just a well. Hmmmm. Time will only tell.

6. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Quote:I bought a Genesis 1588 with turner today off of Ebay today. I am so excited.

7. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG] You will love it! [​IMG] Good choice!

My last hatch in the Hovabator 1588 with the egg turner - 9 chicks from 13 eggs that were shipped! [​IMG] I have 26 in it right now, hope I have a similar hatch rate [​IMG]

8. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Good luck with all your hatches i am testing mine now with no eggs just seeing how the heat and humidity do! i have 7 eggs that Rosie layed my black silkie! I do have a question ok so i want the humidity at 30-40 for the first 18 day then you want it to go up to about 70 the last few days does that sound about right

9. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Congratulations. I just got my Hovabator Genesis 1588 a week ago and set the first eggs yesterday. It's exciting!

10. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Congrats on the Bator, yes, you don't want high humidity until lock down
    ;-)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by