I got my new chicks! Chickens are hard to photograph!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mcostas, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mcostas

mcostas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    Out of the "flock" I attempted last year I got one dark brahma hen and one bantum hen of some sort. I can have 5 hens. The other day I picked up 3 chicks from the feed store, 3 jersey giants and 3 black sex links!!!!!111111eleventy!!

They are so cute! One doesn't match, it's larger and has more chipmunk like features. I got extra to be sure I met my 5 hen allowance. I have them in a box right now but I'm looking into something a little larger. I thought maybe the playpen, kiddie pool combo.

They are so cute when they plop down and stretch out!!! Sometimes they fall asleep with their heads in the food! I can't get a good pic, maybe I can get a video. Does any one else have any pics of stretched out chicks?

I'm surprized at how lively they are, they seem kind of wild. If I could find some little bugs they would be my friend. THey can't be much over a week old, if that AND THEY CAN FLY!!!! THey fly in little circles!

My hats off to all of you that capture cute chick pics!

I put them outside in the now unused chicken tractor. I put bottles of hot water in the pen for them to cuddle up to if they get chilly.
    [​IMG]

this one looks differant then the others.
    [​IMG]

2. FMAFarms

FMAFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Rural Michigan
    Very cute! The city nearby us only allows 4 hens, no cockerels at all. Five hens is nice for a backyard flock. [​IMG]

3. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Awwww Soo Cute I Could Eat The Right Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by