I GOT MY NEW CHICKS EARLY!~

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I was totally shocked when the post office called me at 7 this morning. Last time I was SO HOPING they would come early but of course they didn't...so this time I wasn't ready and well...murpheys law...they come early! We got them all settled and they were all alive and doing GREAT! They put in five extra...one extra D'uccle and four of some other kind. What do RIR chicks look like? Does anyone have a pic of one? I think that's what they are. I am going to take pics soon here and I will post them. They are ADORABLE!

4 Australorp (3 girls 1 boy)
    7 Mille Fleur D'uccle I could not believe how tiny these were! SO CUTE!
    2 Buff Orp girls
    4 surprise chicks (RIR I think) They are cute! And are the first ones to come to our hand already! [​IMG]

Does anyone know if the Male Australorp will be totally black? I have one that is totally black and the other three are black with white (look more like a cochin with no fur boots)

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    Congratulations! I think that I would prefer the surprise call to not sleeping for 2 nights...but I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to pictures.

3. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    That is very cool. I hope you have fun [​IMG]

4. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    PICTURES!!! We want pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by