I GOT my NEW Coop! It's been dubbed the "Polish Palace"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tartana, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Tartana

Tartana New Egg

Oct 7, 2013
    Well the day arrived! I finally secured a chicken coop for my Polish Frizzles and Smooth Chickens! I still have to put up the chain link and redo the door and ramp for them, but I am tickled pink with my find on Craigslist! And it was made for chickens to boot! Not a play house! Has a timer for light, vent, roosts, heat lamps and a big beautiful window facing the east for the morning sun complete with chicken curtains! LOL! My flock of Kramer and Company (six hens, three frizzles and three smooth Polish hens and Kramer the rooster) just love their new home. We are set for northern Wisconsin winter....have snow in forecast already! I placed it between my garden shed the garden and the sauna.....kinda looks like my garden compound has grown! LOL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    is it the one that looks like a house?

3. Tartana

Tartana New Egg

Oct 7, 2013
    Yupper.....the little high peaked chicken coop! I got it from a lady who one day wanted some chickens and her husband is a home builder and to keep her happy he went to his shop to build her a chicken coop. He put in a beautiful crescent moon window on top of two crank out windows that face the east with a cute little chicken curtain and there is another slide window that is on the south side. I chose to put it next to the metal garden shed and north of the pole shed so in the heat of summer the buildings will provide shade but it still get the morning sun and south sun over the big pole shed. Will see if it works! Anyway she posted it on craigslist as she no longer has the chickens and she was a wealth of info on her chickens. Must be nice to be married to a home builder! It pays to pay attention to the want ads and I happened to get lucky! I couldn't build it for the $900 I paid for it and another $150 to move it from 120 miles round trip! At least I thought it was a real deal....now all I have to do is badger hubby to hook it up to the electric box and viola I would have lights and everything to have a cozy winter for the clucks! I think after seeing the Stall Dry article I may add that as well. I am learning alot on this site ....thanks to everyone!

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    that is an awesome price! and it should be in the pics with the fancy or cute chicken coops when you google cute coops .

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Nice!

More pics, inside and out please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by