1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got my pair of Cream Legbars! PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by boykin2010, Oct 26, 2011.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Just got back from Greenfire Farms and brought home my cream legbar pair! There was a mix-up in the order for my juveniles and they only had two juvenile roosters left. So i got one of the juvenile roosters and a hen straight out of their breeding pens. The hen is a little over 4 months and should start laying within the next month. The rooster is about 10 weeks. I was very surprised, i had read they were a flighty breed but mine are pretty docile compared to some other breeds i have had in the past. I am really liking them and i cant wait to start hatching those cute auto sexing chicks and selling eggs on here.

[​IMG]

C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\My Documents\\cream legbar.JPG

2. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    [​IMG]

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] they are lovely!!!

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Please excuse me for my ignorance about them, but are the hen and rooster supposed to look so drastically different? I mean, the hen has that little "mullet" poof on her head and the rooster just has a straight comb? Again, no offense meant, I just thought two of the same breed would more closely resemble... [​IMG]

Beautiful birds regardless!

5. boykin2010

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Cream Legbars are an auto-sexing breed. Once they hatch the hen and rooster look dramastically different. The rooster has a big spot on its head and the hen has chipmunk stripes. Hens also have small crests. This breed also lays blue eggs which makes them even more special.
    The reason i got them is because they are so unique. They met my three requirements.
    1. Cool looking They are different in color and appearance and the hen has a crest
    2. Lays blue eggs
    3. Auto sexing in chicks. The roosters actually grow up to be quite beautiful.
    Take a look around Green Fire Farms website they have nice information and pictures on them

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:That's so interesting! I never knew they lay blue eggs! [​IMG]

7. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    They're pretty! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can I have them? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    very pretty. [​IMG]

9. BovieVei

BovieVei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Put me on the list for (cheaper) birds than from Greenfire [​IMG]
    This is probably my favorite breed that they sell!

10. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Congratulations! Great looking birds! Know you are going to enjoy them. So I can look for my eggs around March or April?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by