i got my parekeet

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by miss heny, May 18, 2010.

1. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

i got my first parekeet and well it hurts a little and what i mean she is untame but i like her still. i am going to post a pic of her t o ask what color is she and how old is she

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    That's SO COOL!!!!!! Can't wait for a picture! Did you get her today? I'm so glad you finely got her!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Pictures!!!!

4. miss heny

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

That's SO COOL!!!!!! Can't wait for a picture! Did you get her today? I'm so glad you finely got her!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

no yesterday i have pics but i need to find the camora​

5. miss heny

and can some one give me training and how to tame a parekeet tips please

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    That's too cool! I would try offering her some fruit or something and get her used to you. If she is scared of your hand, I would just put my hand in her cage and just let her get used to it. [​IMG]

7. miss heny

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

That's too cool! I would try offering her some fruit or something and get her used to you. If she is scared of your hand, I would just put my hand in her cage and just let her get used to it. [​IMG]

well i did that and well all i will say i was trying not to cry​

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Have you handled her at all? I don't know if they're like chickens, but it seems if you hold them more and more they get used to you and ...

9. miss heny

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Have you handled her at all? I don't know if they're like chickens, but it seems if you hold them more and more they get used to you and ...

yes i have be haldling her and it was so fun to to watch her bit me but i was wereing glove​

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Parakeet

Lots of slow, gentle movements, patience. Sounds like it wasn't hand-raised, it take time and a few scars to tame them. But they are lovely birds. Very smart, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by