I Got My Peacocks!!!!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by C&Rman, May 5, 2011.

1. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Here they are, I was able to get them today [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Well I thought that the White-Eye I was getting was an IB White-Eye but it is actually a Midnight White-Eye which I am so happy about [​IMG] He is 2 years old and has a 2ft long train isn't that big for 2yrs but I ain't complaing [​IMG]
    Then I got a White peahen she is BEAUTIFUL, [​IMG] she has the prettiest BLUE eyes I have ever seen. [​IMG] They are so tame I can't PET both of them they won't eat out of my hand but will let me pet them as long I want.
    Well now time for the pics....
    Here they are, they didn't come out of the box until my crazy rooster came up a tryed to fight them, then my dog came and they flew up the male got his foot stuck in the netting. I had to cut my netting, then I had to zip tie the netting up.
    [​IMG]

Here they are looking around because the wild peacocks are calling like crazy, but they aren't calling back so they must not have interest.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see my son petting the female they are so tame
    [​IMG]

Here they are with my son they seem to like that shelter, hopefully nothing gets them at night or that would be $125 waiste of money, could I possibly make them fly to the 8ft high roost because it is dark now and I am so WORRIED
    [​IMG]

And here they are just chillin, I gave them some cat food and scrath, until I have a chance to buy some game bird food. Also I don't know if you can see it but that brown clump on my white hen is pooh, she laid on some on the way hoome, but it DIDN"T STINK.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. GlitterBug

GlitterBug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Congratulations! They are both beautiful. I love all your pictures!

3. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Look good! I hope they don't get away this time. Remember, that zip tie will be a weak spot because the sun will dry rot it. You should tie that spot or use a hog ring or something like that to fix it.

4. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    They're beautiful! Congratulations!
    Mine love any kind of pasta for treats & will eat it out of my hand. I usually cook pasta spirals or egg noodles for them.

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. konopswj

konopswj Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    Coopers Plains, NY
    Very nice! Lucky that they are so calm around people. Thanks for sharing!

7. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Who are they from?

8. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Thank you everybody here are some more pics! I am going crazy with the camera now [​IMG]

Here you can see how BLUE her eyes are I love them
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the White-Eye part in his train.
    [​IMG]

9. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Quote:Just posted new pics and miised this one, they are from a breeder in Idaho. He is not on this forum I will have to recomend it to him.

10. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Wow. I would love a white hen. That white on the male is really cool looking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by