I GOT MY SEBASTAPOL EGGS - PIC'S!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tnkinhunting, Apr 9, 2008.

1. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I just got my four sebastapol eggs - they sent an extra!!!!! great!!!!! Here is picture of them resting - had to put them in coffee mugs - would not fit in egg carton!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I am so excited and scared and nervous - wish me luck!

2. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    woo hoo good luck [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Good luck! I know you can hatch those eggs!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Woo HOO! [​IMG] I just ordered some yesterday...and they were shipped today. I got four of them...so we'll see! We'll both be pacing by the 'bators for the next MONTH or so! Where did you get yours? I'm hoping to order another 2 or 3 as my "just in case" eggs.....

5. tnkinhunting

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Thanks for the encouragement MissPrissy and orlandoluv1 - I was a wreck with MissPrissy's hatch and I am sure I will be even more so with my own. I am going to use the 1202 Sportsman until they pip and then move them into a Little Giant in the bedroom.

Hey, equibling, that's great! Mine came from KY a rather short ship - they mailed them Monday and I got them today - they told me two were laid sunday.

I am going to try and not worry myself sick. I haven't figured out how to put them in the turner - they said they turned them themselves but I sure would like to take advantage of the turner if possible......but I will have to work out something to keep them stable - I don't have a goose egg thingy's for the turner - I may have to work out something - to stabilize them. My husband has two trays full of eggs so I get the top tray. I could turn the turner off and hand turn all of them......? See, it has started already. Nerves!!!! Worry!!! [​IMG]

6. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Good Luck [​IMG] Make sure to post lots of pics for us!

7. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    oh i totally feel you. once those babies hit the incubator its all you can do to keep yourself from staring at it all day long lol

8. tnkinhunting

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    They went in the incubator today![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    this is wonderful. I would love to have some myself so I will be watching this thread with excitement for you as well. Good luck!!

10. tnkinhunting

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I candled them - the 7th day - one is clear - four appear to have something going on. I am the worst when it comes to candling. Keep your fingers crossed!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I rest and mist everyday and candle them and squint and look and yes it looks like something big is in four of them and one is still clear. In the photo it's the one on the far right - the smallest one. I am just terrible when it comes to candling eggs. I candled a chicken egg that was nearby and couldn't see anything - it hatched yesterday![​IMG]

See what I mean!!!! I am a nervous wreck!!!! I want some "blue eyes" !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by