1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got my Silkie eggs today and my Easter eggers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I have them 'settling' and I have Australorps being sent Monday from Florida Chick...so, I will be busy busy busy. I have to say that the lady who sent me the EEs from Arkansas had to have done the most phenomenal packing ever- these eggs were double bubble wrapped in an egg carton, taped, carton bubble wrapped, then in a box on top of empty egg cartons and the box was packed with packie stuff- actually the box had a big ole crushed corner- and thought I was going to have a repeat nightmare- not one egg was harmed.

My Silkie eggs were wrapped in bubble wrap and then put in a box of shredded newspaper- it was like an Easter egg hunt to find them all- not packed like I would have chosen, but none of them were cracked either.

I got them all unpacked and sitting in cartons at 5:30- at what time do you think it would be safe to set them in the incubator?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

probably 10:30 at night. or safter to wait till 5:30am in the morning. That way they will be settled and up to room temperature.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by