I got new eggs today. PIC

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by carinlynchin, Feb 28, 2009.

1. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I got mynew eggs today from eggchel...they are very big eggs...bigger than teh ones I have now...

I was wondering should I clean them off first before putting them in with my other sebastopol eggs (on day 15)....

here are the pics....
    thanks so much!!! i can't wait!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    they dont seem that dirty.... is there any chance u have an extra bator for those eggs, u should try to seperate the hatches

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Good Luck! Chel tried to get me to take home some Sebs at the show last month, oh how I wish my parents wouldnt have freaked. [​IMG]

4. carinlynchin

Feb 18, 2009
    What could happen if I put them in together? Could the others quit?

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ether that is a tiny box or those are some HUGE eggs.. what kind of bird are those for.?

6. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:i was more concerned that when your first goslings hatch they will trample the developing eggs and the exsessive movement will kill the developing goslings

7. carinlynchin

Feb 18, 2009
    Quote:Well its a standard priority box...probably 12x12" or so....but these eggs are a bit bigger than my prior eggs...they are sebastopol eggs

8. carinlynchin

Feb 18, 2009
    Quote:oh...well I was going to put them together but with bits of poo on some of the eggs and how i shouldn't wash them and was afraid of sanding them...I just decided to borrow my neighbors incubator...its the same as mine...LG with fan....but I didn't anticipate having to clean a lot,...but I do...it's quite dirty..so I have my bleach water etc... I figured with 85 dollars invested in the eggs, I didn't want to risk anything...after I have a breeding pair and get my own eggs, then I can see if mixing matters or if dirty eggs matter etc...but I seriously doubt I'll buy any more eggs if none of these 6 hatch.. [​IMG]

hopefully they will though [​IMG] .....that's what I will be like [​IMG]

9. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    hopefully they will though [​IMG] .....that's what I will be like [​IMG]

[​IMG] you'llbr a little yellow ball with stick arms and legs???< you need to eat more while they're incubating then! LMAO,

good luck with your eggz!​

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  10. carinlynchin

Feb 18, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] you'llbr a little yellow ball with stick legs and legs???< you need to eat more while they're incubating then! LMAO,

good luck with your eggz!

I could only wish to have legs that skinny....but the belly is about right [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by