I got one!!!

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
an EGG I got a DUCK Egg... opened that coop this morning, boom there it was.. yay.. and there is a chicken egg too, I don't know why Sally my Hen suddenly thinks plopping eggs on the floor is a neat thing to do.

I pondered and thought and decided.. I am going to try an hatch it!! I actually just put 3 chicken eggs I ordered into the incubator about an hour ago. so the incubator is all ready. I was like do I want another duck?? 4 is plenty to clean up after.. But how can I not they it is from my already sweet ducks. And I am pretty sure it is fertile, every morning I let them out it is like an adult duck show lol

So providing it hatches it will either be a black runner/Rouen Black runner/black Swedish or Black Swedish/Black Swedish or Black Swedish/Rouen.

Lets see how this goes. Wish me luck

Me too it will be so exciting. I have the egg resting right now before i put it in the incubator. I have had great luck hatching chicken eggs lets hope I have luck with a duck egg too
I do know most first eggs won't be fertile or will not turn out(due to it being a first egg). Can't wait to see what happens with this one. You said this was a first egg right?

I do know most first eggs won't be fertile or will not turn out(due to it being a first egg). Can't wait to see what happens with this one. You said this was a first egg right?

ooo yes I did, I just assumed it would be fertile because they do the "deed" for like the first half hour they are out of the coop in the morning lol
Well wait and see I guess.. thanks for mentioning that.. good to know

Back
Top Bottom