I got PIPS! Day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tebs78, Feb 18, 2008.

1. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    YAY YAY YAY today is day 18 and the turner was turned off today and humidity turned up to 65%. Should I leave the egg holders in or take them out as its just a flat insert nothing they could get hung up in. Its not raised or anything.

I candled one final time before the bator is shut until all of them hatch (last night on day 17) and 13 still moving. I left the other 3 in just in case, but it looks like they stopped developing several days ago, smaller than the rest and not moving. So we are approaching *IF* all 13 hatched a 65% hatch rate, which said that way isn't that great, lol. But heck after only having one hatch out Im tickled. I only wanted a dozen anyway!!

WIsh me luck and send good hatching vibes my way and give me the will to stay the heck out of the bator!!!

*****************Today is now day 20 and I see a few eggs rocking, no pips that I can see. I don't hear peeping either. Humidity is at 65%.********************************************

I am staring down the incubator, lol

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck on your hatch....I'm on day 19....lots of babies popping out this week! [​IMG]

3. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    cool Katy, we'll have to wait together, lol. I put mine in on Feb. 1 so its eas to keep track, lol.

Oh and what and how many do you have in the bator?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

6 BLRW and 5 Marans. What do you have in?

I got to thinking and I guess I'm starting day 20 in about an hour....[​IMG]

5. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    now I am jealous! I wish mine were due to hatch soon!!!! I put mine in at 9am. (Feb 1).

I have 16 gold-star sex-links. (but like I said only 13 still moving and growing!!) And I did find out from the guy I bought them from he has his RIR roo's in with his RIW hens, so I guess it truely is the sex-links.

So we shall see by thier color what sex they are. Are females Pullets?

6. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Im starting day 18 today to. I put mine in on feb. 1st at 7:45 am. I will put mine in the hatcher in the morning. Good luck.

7. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    good luck to you too. What do you have in the bator bantymama?

8. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Day 19 for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And a couple are already rocking away!!! Can not wait!
    It is just the coolest and you could do this forever and hatches are so neat!!

[​IMG]

I must demand lots of pics for everyone [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LOts of fingers and toes crossed for everyone!

9. hart31

hart31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Bowbells, ND
    Day 18 for me too! 12 spitzhaubens, 4 welsummer crooses, 1 silkie, 1 red phoenix cross, 1 black sumatra, 5 EE's + five others that I think are bad but wasn't sure when I candled last night

hatcher web cam

http://farmcam.hobby-site.com/

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I would take them out of the turner cups. As they hatch their feet will get caught in all the holes and such. Put a piece of rubber shelf liner down over the wire bottom and lay the eggs out on it. Put the lid on. Boost the humidity to 70%.

Sit on your hands.

Good luck! I have less than 2 weeks to go on my hatch!

Don't forget to show us the pics when they start to hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by