I got silkies!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Drivegirl54, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Drivegirl54

Drivegirl54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Winder, GA
    After the horrible week my dh and I went through we decided that we needed to re-home 2 of the girls we had. Long story.
    Anyways, my bday was Friday and dh was stuck in TX. He surprised me by driving all the way home yesterday. He got in, went right to bed and got up after 4 hours of sleep to drive 2 hours 1 way and get me my present. He was on his hands and knees climbing around the bottom of the pen chasing chicks until he had just the right ones. (Did I mention he's a germaphobe and hates chicken poop?) Now that's true love!

Anyways, here are my new babies. I completely get the silkie love now! I thought my buff orps were awesome, but they don't have anything on my silkies.

Pardon us, we're going through the uglies.
    [​IMG]

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwww what sweeties!!!!! And yes, that is true love!!!!

3. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    what loves! [​IMG]

I'm a BO newbie owner and I'm hoping to add one frizzle & one silkie to the mix...we shall see how it goes, I hope I fall just as in love as you say, my BO is pretty special too!!! [​IMG]

And your hubby deserves a BIG GIANT CHICKEN POOP CHEER for his courage to rummage about in chicken world for you to get those little ones!!! VERY SPECIAL!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Awww!! [​IMG] They are cuties!!

Sounds like you have a very special DH too!

Lisa [​IMG]

5. eestep8

eestep8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    SW Ohio
    So Cute! I love the scruffy phase, it's so much fun seeing the different feather colors.

6. PeepMomma

PeepMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Edmonson Co. Kentucky
    They are sweet! I like to watch them get all the new feathers.....I've been known to check mine every half hour to see if they have a new one!
    And what a devoted DH! That is definetly love!![​IMG]

7. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I love my babies when they look like they have mohawk hairdos..lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by