I got some Muscovy!!!!!! PICS

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jdywntr, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Well, I took a little road trip and drove to a woman's house about 75 miles away. I picked up 5 ducklings that are about 1 month old. I'm hoping [​IMG] that I got only 1 boy. They are all within days of each other and there is a great size difference.

Its been raining alot here so they were a bit muddy to begin with and after 1.5 hours in a cage in the car they were muddy and poop covered. I gave them quick baths when we got home, they were not thrilled and I did not want to stress them so it was a quick dip. So, please excuse their disheveled looks.

Just inside the door at home.
    [​IMG]

Fixing to go out back.
    [​IMG]

Well, they found the water.
    [​IMG]

And here are their butts. Still cute though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, we think there are 1 black and white, 1 blue, 1 maybe silver, 1 chocolate and white, and 1 mutli colored(chocolate looking head, black wings and white.)

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Too cute. I love my Muscovy![​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I love Muscovy too, don't think you'll be disappointed, they are so sweet. [​IMG] Real cuties too [​IMG]

4. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    I let them out of their pen after a bit. Figured I'd give them an opportunity to swim/bathe. I got some peas and they were like AHHHHH what is that green thing you are flinging at us!!! [​IMG] They did head right for a bushy corner that has a small rock pile behind it. So, in I went after them. I knew I shouldn't have showered already. I have now discovered that muscovy do not herd like my runners. Chalk one up for runners, ease of returning to pen. [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:[​IMG] My Muscovies are easy to herd you'll just have to train them, they are smart they'll learn.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats a cute bunch! [​IMG]

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

8. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Quote:Well, that is good news. The runners just took to it naturally so, of course, I'm like let me get a stick and that will work. The muscovy were like "what is that and why did you touch me with it?" They are very brave. They took off across the yard scared the chickens to death. It was hilarious.

On a seperate note, does anyone remember a thread by someone that raises muscovy with branches and rocks in the brooder? I'm thinking they were in Colorado or out west.

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    They are so cute! [​IMG]

10. jdywntr

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    I can't wait to see what they feather out to look like. I am SO hoping that my picks were good and I have 1 boy only.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by