1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got some Rouen eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by debilorrah, Nov 9, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Now for the question: Can I add them to the bator with chicken eggs on day 6, or will the lockdown hurt the duck eggs? If I can't do that, will they still be good in 14-15 days to hatch??

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Neither option is good. Umm, let me think on this...... Maybe you should eat the eggs.... or give them to me!

3. dragonchick

dragonchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Quickly make a new bator for the duckies or send them to me:D

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Put them in with the chicken eggs, I mean they are duck eggs so they require higher humidity anyway and when the chicks are through hatching just keep the humidity higher.

5. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

BUY another 'bator". (You're gonna want one later, anyway..........) [​IMG]

Ha-Ha!
    -Junkmanme- [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Quote:All of you people are incorrigible. [​IMG] This is a serious question!!!! I have no idea what I am doing. [​IMG] help.

7. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:All of you people are incorrigible. [​IMG] This is a serious question!!!! I have no idea what I am doing. [​IMG] help.

Well I have no idea.

8. debilorrah

Well I have no idea.

Thanks Koosh. Hippy Barfday. [​IMG]

9. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    do you have the means to make a hatcher?? i'm planning on adding duck eggs to my incubator tomorrow that has chicken eggs that are on day 5...

i also have a home made half assed incubator.... it was mad out of a styrofoam ice chest.... with holes cut out, and a light socket that just plugs into an outlet.. which was an extension cord...

i'm going to plug htat in when the chickens are on day 15 so it has time to warm up and stabalize... then when they go onto lock down they get moved into that...

i'll probly have to use it for the duck eggs too because i'll have eggs from nov swap going in at the end of the month before the ducks are done...

but the ice chest was about $6, the outlet and the extension cord a couple more.... i saw directions somewhere for putting a plexiglass window in so i bought an 8x11 piece at lowes....

it's not perfect.. i have a hard time getting the temp right, but once i knew how to adjust between day and night i could keep it fairly stable... and in a pinch.. which we were when we made it, it was under $15

if you have the money, it is a good excuse to pick up another bator....
    good luck!!

10. Princess Amri

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Well I have no idea.

Thanks Koosh. Hippy Barfday. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Will you EVER forget?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by