i got the autopsy results back AGAIN!

boykin2010

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 26, 2010
South Georgia
for those of you who have been reading about my chickens who have been dying strangely i am posting my results of my 4th chicken that died. the last post i put on here was my silkie who died of a tumor. i got my laced wyandotte back and the autopsy person said that she died of gout. What is gout? i know that humans get it but is this contagious to other chickens and if so how do you treat it...

well i really want to see if this is contagious. this is my 4th hen that has died in the last 4 months. they seem to have all died of different things.

Quote:
Well my question would be where did you get your chickens from ?? this could answer many of your questions, if they are hatchery stock you may have already answered it.

AL

I'm sorry you're having so many problems. What are you feeding them? Could there be a problem with their diet that's contributing to their problems?

the chicken that died could very possibly be from hatchery stock. the lady i got them from hatched some of her chickens from mcmurray. she told me that she did hatch the one she gave me but i am not sure if it was a hatchery egg or someone gave her the eggs to hatch. the chickens have an automatic water that i clean whenever they get it dirty. i usually change it out every other day because they usually dig holes and get dirt in the water but for the most part it is clean and fresh. i feed the chickens layer pellets.

i am hoping my problems are over. Because in the spring i am hoping on finding some nice BYC members to sell me eggs so i can hatch them. Before i hatch though i want to be responsible and make sure that the chicks wont die from the possible " diseases i may have." my vet should call me today and tell me what to do for my chickens. keep your fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom