I got the bugger!!!!WARNING-GRAPHIC PIC

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Damummis, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    The couple nights I had set a have a heart trap to catch the critter that has been digging under the day pen and eating the turkey food. The first night I set it the bugger flipped the trap and took the bait, the second night I tied the bait down. Again the animal flipped the trap and took the bait THEN pooped on my new cedar deck. [​IMG] [​IMG] Boy did that get DH mad [​IMG]. "That is it, he is going down!" DH fumed as he walked in the back door. "I can't believe that critter pooped on the deck. The big guns are coming out now." And they did. Last night DH set the big trap. "I ain't playing nice anymore."

This could have really put a huge dent in my flock...................

WARNING GRAPHIC PIC AHEAD!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

And from the looks of it we have minks too, notice the spot where the liver was taken.

I want you all to know I am a gentle soul and I don't like causing harm to animals but if pushed to the limit I will take action. So with that said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] One LESS coon to deal with!

Hate those cute buggers but when it comes to your livestock, they go! They reproduce like a dime a dozen!

3. cknhobbiest

cknhobbiest Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2010
    Branch,MI
    Now that is a good use for a conibear in the off season. Dang near to small for him a 160?

4. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Quote:Nope 220

5. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Raccoons are cute, but not when they're messing with livestock! Good job![​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Good job!

7. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    220? That's a big raccoon. How do you like the Conibear? I am considering getting one.

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Pooping on the deck is instant death in my book!

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

10. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:you might consider using a pair of the setters if you purchase 220 size or larger and learn to use the safety on the traps. A rope can be used to set them , but the setters are easier IMO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by