I got the fever the rest of you seem to have

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Just got my first eggs hatched and got 5 more to hatch later this week and guess what got some more chicken eggs coming and turkey eggs...I am addicted I think...got the chicken fever...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Rocky4052

Rocky4052 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Southeastern Ma.
    Ah Ha---I think the administrators of this forum have figured out a way to send some kind of hypnotizing rays thru our monitors...........[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rocky4052

Rocky4052 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Southeastern Ma.
    Hey-that's a good idea!! Hatch and raise my own turkeys for Thanks giving and Christmas! (the possibilities are endless) Those rays are at it again.

4. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    Uh oh, another hatchoholic is born [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Welcome to the club, Rufflemyfeathers! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I have had chooks since '02 and have always maintained that I have NO interest in hatching eggs. And then the other day when I was in Orscheln, I caught myself looking at the incubators. [​IMG]

7. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Yup, it is addicting!! I just unplugged my bator, then I saw some eggs and thought, wow if I get them now, they will hatch on xmas eve or xmas day!!! My 10 yr old says please mom, please w/ a BIG how, so looks like I will be at again. I am having withdrawals already and only unplugged the bator this morning!!! CRAZY!!! LOL!!

8. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    well I don't have a bator but 2 of my little banty hens went broody and I know its winter but darned if I didn't stick a few eggs under each of them. [​IMG]

9. big greg barker

big greg barker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    central maine
    Ok, I gotta ask, since another caught the hatch bug. Is hatching eggs all that difficult, and is it easier to get eggs to hatch through the mail, or live chicks? How much do eggs for hatching cost on average, for BOs or Wyandottes, or BRs? Can a home incubator be set up fairly cheaply? I've already spent a bunch of money on a new coop big enough for about thirty chickens....

10. Just repeat this sentence and you will be O.K.

Hello, my name is (your name here) and I am a Hatch-A-Holic.

Denial is only a part of the disease, we are here to help you break through this denial and really get to hatching !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by